joyful living is a reflection of my life. My intention is that you will find this to be a place of inspiration, humor, creativity and gratitude. I invite you to join in by leaving a comment. Be Blessed.
Top Posts & Pages
I’ve moved over to reneebaude.com. I’m made a few changes and I love my new site!
I’m Joyful Mom–in everything give thanks . . . but new, updated and I have a weekly newsletter.
Come on over and sign up to get posts delivered to your email or sign up just for the weekly newsletter. I’d love to hear what you think of my new design, layout and blog schedule.
Be Blessed and thanks so much for supporting me and reading about my journey.
I really enjoy the Ultimate Recipe Swap–I know I say that every week–but I do. This week on the schedule is Company Dinners.
I have 6 in my family plus my brother’s families the total reaches 17! That doesn’t happen very often anymore–ok–it never happens anymore but when it did I loved cooking for all those folks. I enjoy cooking for larger crowds and have come up with some interesting ideas of presenting the ordinary–into something a little special. I always enjoy having friends over. When we open our homes and hearts to prepare a simple meal or a banquet, when we cook with love, when we make the chore of cooking into an extension of gratefulness for our bounty–dinner begins to look different. We may not be multiplying loaves of bread and fish, turning water into wine or celebrating the Last Supper–but we can seek the everyday miracles of joy, abundance, grace and thanksgiving.
I love my guides–since I do not really follow recipes–these options can work with very large groups or just my own 6.
- Red Beef Chili with the fixin’s–sour cream, cheese, cornbread, nacho chips, guacamole, crackers, crusty bread, polenta, green onion, rice and pasta
- White Bean and Chicken Chili–with the same fixin’s as above
- Very Veggie chili–I have had a 3 chili party–it was a lot of fun.
- Baked Potato Bar–bacon, cheese, sour cream, broccoli, chili, or spinach and feta–endless choices
- Fajita/tortilla bar–I grill or roast peppers, mushrooms, spinach, onions, chicken, beef, and cheese. I like tiny little tortillas–they look so cute.
- Breakfast for dinner–French Toast Bake, Quiche, fruit salad, mimosa–yum, yum!
- Baked Chicken Breast, with roasted potatoes and a simple salad–not fancy but can be prepped ahead of time, plated easily, and it gives lots of time for visiting with friends.
- I love a great Salad Bar–almost everything can be prepped ahead of time and it gives me the opportunity to use every bowl in my China cabinet. I have done themed Salads–like Caesar or the Ultimate Garden.
- My mother-in-law makes Lasagna with garlic bread and a Salad
- My sister-in-law makes beef and pork in the same crock pot and serves with potluck sides . . . I love potluck side dishes!
- One time I did pizza to order (did you notice I said ONE time). It was an awesome dinner but we all ate at different times . . . the concept is good but my execution was less than desirable. I have not attempted this again–and probably won’t.
I cook breakfast, lunch and dinner each day–we eat our meals together–at a table, say grace . . . light candles. We talk about our day. Our meal time has become a special time for us to be together as we gather–three times a day. It is a blessing to me. I have grown to appreciate this gift.
Linking up with the Ultimate Recipe Swap, Thrive@Home, Simple Lives Thursday and Transformation Thursday, Thankful Thursday, Thoughtful Thursdays, Thought Provoking Thursdays, Womanhood with Purpose, Show and Share.